Welcome to Your Y!
Since 1866, the Greater Burlington YMCA has been committed to helping people develop their potential in spirit, mind and body. A Y membership makes you part of a community, connected by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility.
At the Y, everyone is welcome and no matter your age, income, background, or fitness level, the Y has something for everyone. You’ll find our staff to be supportive and guided by our four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
As part of the Y community, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- New Member Orientation
- Full use of our 2 Burlington locations—including our free weight and cardio center; STRIVE strength training circuit; adult and youth locker rooms
- Full use of our 2 pools- including indoor lap pool and indoor program pool
- All group fitness classes—including Zumba®, Spin®, yoga, pilates, and more
- All aquatic fitness classes
- Free use of drop-in child care while you work out or take a class
- Family Gym (with family membership)
- Pick-up basketball and volleyball
- Free access to most Y’s across the country through the Y-USA’s Nationwide Membership program. Learn more by clicking here.
- Access to other Y’s worldwide through the A.W.A.Y. program
- Special member rates for youth swim and ballet lessons and other programs & classes
- Ability to bring a guest 3 times a year for free
- Free Injury Assessment: Are you struggling with a new or chronic injury that is limiting your fitness activities? As a YMCA member, you are entitled to receive a complimentary consultation at Vermont Physical Therapy (VTPT), located across the street on South Union Street. VTPT’s staff of highly trained, experienced physical therapists will perform a thorough assessment of your injury. You will receive therapeutic advice and modification techniques tailored to your individual injury, abilities, and lifestyle.
Wellness Center Benefits
At an additional fee, the Men’s and Women’s Wellness Centers are available to members age 18 and older, and include:
- Wellness Center Locker Room
- Whirlpool, Sauna, and Steam Room
- Additional Cardiovascular & Weight Training Equipment
- Complimentary towel service