Greater Burlington YMCA
Free to Family Members, Member Child Care provides a nurturing, safe and fun environment for the children of Y Family Members while they work out or take a class. The goal of our staff is to create an atmosphere where parents feel comfortable and children feel valued.
Ages: 6 months to 8 years
To ensure quality care, we maintain a 1:4 ratio. Reservations are encouraged to ensure space for all children, and should be made online up to a week in advance. There must be a minimum of three children with reservations for a session to run.
Hours: A child’s visit to Member Child Care is limited to one 90 minute session per day, and up to 3 sessions per week. As we restart this offering, hours will be adjusted to best serve members. Click the “Register” button below to see openings for upcoming hours of operation.
Member Child Care will be closed on major holidays.
Rates:Member Child Care is free for those with Y Family Memberships. If you cannot keep your reservation, you may incur a $5 “no show fee.” The Y must have 36 hours notice of cancellation to avoid this fee. Please click below to Register, or Cancel a Registration.
Please Note: Member Child Care is a peanut and tree nut free space. Please review our reservation and “no show” policies below before registering.
• Extra set of clothes and a Ziploc or reusable tote to hold/return dirty clothes• Diapers and wipes• Healthy snack and drink/bottle. Please note that Member Child Care is a peanut and tree nut free space.• Children should be in socks or indoor shoes.• Please bring supplies and assist with changing in the facility.
Please label all items that you bring with you with your last name.
• Visits are limited to one 90-minute session per day, and up to 3 sessions per week.
• If you cannot keep your reservation, you may incur a $5 “no show fee.” The Y must have 36 hours notice of cancellation to avoid this fee. Please click the Cancel Reservation button above to fill out a cancellation form. Sickness and other emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
• We maintain a 1:4 ratio.
• Please register online, or call 652-8158 to make reservations.
Drop-ins are allowed on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will be prioritized. There must be a minimum of 3 children registered for a session to run.
• When using our service, you must be attending a YMCA program or class at the facility.
• All parents/guardians must complete the information sheet with updated contact and emergency information.
• Parents/guardians must sign child in and out at each visit (please provide all requested information). The parent/guardian that drops off the child must be the one to pick up the child. If both parents drop off the child, either may pick up.
• If an adult other than a parent/guardian is caring for a child and intends to use Member Child Care, that adult must have a note signed by a parent/guardian authorizing use of this service AND our staff must also have a conversation with the parent/guardian.
• Each visit is for a maximum of 90 minutes (see Reservations for ratios and attendance capacity).
• Member Child Care is a peanut and tree-nut free space.
• Your child cannot be in Member Child Care if they:
– have had a fever in the last 48 hours
– have had 3 or more loose bowel movements in the last 24 hours
– have vomited in the last 48 hours
– have an illness that is contagious or infectious
Please contact Flora Dewar by phone at 802-652-8158 or by email at [email protected] with questions.