Welcome to Your Y!
Special COVID-19 note: The Y follows all applicable requirements established by the State of Vermont and best practice to keep our members and staff safe. We update our website as changes occur. To read our protocols, giving you the best understanding of the experience you can expect while in our facility, click here.
A Y membership makes you part of a community with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility.
At the Y, everyone is welcome and no matter your age, income, background, or fitness level, the Y has something for you. You’ll find our staff to be supportive and guided by our four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
As part of the Y community, you are entitled to the following benefits:
Membership at our new Y offers . . .
- Modern, bright, and inviting weight, cardio, and fitness space with top of the line equipment
- 30+ group exercise classes offered weekly offered virtually and on-site in three dedicated fitness studios. Classes include Yoga, Spin, Zumba, TRX, barre, strength and cardio training, and more. All but a few specialized classes are included in your membership at no extra cost.
- Indoor track (13 laps = 1 mile)
- A light-filled aquatic center with a splash pad for kids and two separate pools — including a lap pool and an 88° program pool
- A co-ed sauna on the pool deck for all members (temporarily closed in response to COVID-19)
- A mixed-use gymnasium: basketball, volleyball, pickleball, etc. (temporarily closed in response to COVID-19)
- Three locker rooms: A universal locker room (not gender-specific) with private changing/shower suites, and men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Drop-in child care for members while they work out and a family adventure center (temporarily closed in response to COVID-19)
- 47 on-site parking spaces
- Fully ADA compliant space with an elevator and universally accessible design, lift chairs for the pools, and accessible weight and cardio equipment on the fitness floor
- Common ground for people from all across the community
- Free access to most Y’s across the country through the Y-USA’s Nationwide Membership program. Learn more by clicking here.
- Members receive discounted prices on personal training, swim lessons, other youth fitness programs, and more.
- Ability to bring a guest 3 times a year for free (temporarily suspended in response to COVID-19)
- Free Injury Assessment: Are you struggling with a new or chronic injury that is limiting your fitness activities? As a YMCA member, you are entitled to receive a complimentary consultation at Vermont Physical Therapy (VTPT), located across the street on South Union Street. VTPT’s staff of highly trained, experienced physical therapists will perform a thorough assessment of your injury. You will receive therapeutic advice and modification techniques tailored to your individual injury, abilities, and lifestyle.
Please stop for a tour of the Y. For questions, please contact our Member Engagement team by calling 802-862-9622, ext. 1.