Welcome to Your Y!
A Y membership makes you part of a community with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility.
At the Y, everyone is welcome and no matter your age, income, background, or fitness level, the Y has something for you. You’ll find our staff to be supportive and guided by our four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Throughout the month of December, if you bring in a non-perishable food item to support the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf, we’ll waive the joining fee to help get your membership started!
As part of the Y community, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- New Member Orientation
- Free Drop-In Child Care while you work out (up to 2 hours per visit). Available Monday-Saturday, 8am-2pm.
- Full use of our free weight and cardio center; STRIVE strength training circuit; adult and youth locker rooms
- Full use of our 2 pools- including indoor lap pool and indoor program pool
- All group fitness classes—including Zumba®, Spin®, yoga, pilates, and more
- All aquatic fitness classes
- Free use of drop-in child care while you work out or take a class
- Family Gym (with family membership)
- Pick-up basketball and volleyball
- Free access to most Y’s across the country through the Y-USA’s Nationwide Membership program. Learn more by clicking here.
- Special member rates for youth swim and ballet lessons and other programs & classes
- Ability to bring a guest 3 times a year for free
- Free Injury Assessment: Are you struggling with a new or chronic injury that is limiting your fitness activities? As a YMCA member, you are entitled to receive a complimentary consultation at Vermont Physical Therapy (VTPT), located across the street on South Union Street. VTPT’s staff of highly trained, experienced physical therapists will perform a thorough assessment of your injury. You will receive therapeutic advice and modification techniques tailored to your individual injury, abilities, and lifestyle.
Wellness Center Benefits
At an additional fee, the Men’s and Women’s Wellness Centers are available to members age 18 and older, and include:
- Wellness Center Locker Room
- Whirlpool, Sauna, and Steam Room
- Additional Cardiovascular & Weight Training Equipment
- Complimentary towel service
Tours and Trials
To schedule a tour and try out the Y for a day, please contact our Member Service staff by calling 862-9622.