Key Features and Location
The doors are now open to our brand new YMCA!
The new 50,000+ square foot building offers a first-class fitness, wellness, aquatic, and child care experience that will enhance the welcoming and nurturing environment we have provided for years. This space will deliver the facilities and programs that our community needs and deserves, including:
- Bright, and inviting weight, cardio, and fitness space with all new equipment
- Three dedicated fitness studios for group exercise classes
- Indoor track (13 laps = 1 mile)
- A light-filled aquatics center with two separate pools — including a lap pool and an 88° program pool — and a splash pad for kids
- A co-ed sauna on the pool deck for all members
- 47 on-site parking spaces
- A mixed-use gymnasium: basketball, volleyball, pickleball, etc.
- Three locker rooms: A universal locker room (not gender-specific) with private changing/shower suites, and men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Drop-in child care for members while they work out, and a family adventure center
- Fully ADA compliant space with an elevator, universally accessible design, lift chairs for the pools, and accessible weight and cardio equipment on the fitness floor
- The opportunity to increase programming that supports an aging population
- Energy efficient and environmentally-focused design, including state-of-the-art HVAC and stormwater systems
- Common ground for people from all across the community
- Preschool classrooms and infant and toddler child care, all in a secure, modern space specifically designed for early care and learning
- An outdoor playground for Y child care programs constructed of natural materials
- Ample lobby with seating and space for community use; additional space for community activities in other locations in the building
For additional details regarding the benefits of Y membership, click here.
The images below provide a sense as to how our new building will serve the community.
The first floor, depicted in the image on the left, includes: our spacious lobby; aquatic center with 2 pools, a splash pad, and sauna; 3 locker rooms; drop-in member child care and family adventure; the multi-use gymnasium; and (not shown) the space needed to expand our infant and toddler capacity by 50 spots.
The second floor, depicted in the image on the right and dedicated to health and wellness, includes: a fitness floor with cardio and weight equipment; a dynamic fitness area; 3 dedicated group exercise studios; a track; administrative space; and (not shown) preschool classrooms.
Where is our new Y?
We are located at 298 College Street, just 150 steps east (up the hill) from our former location. The Y’s 47-space parking lot will have one-way traffic only. All vehicles enter via Bradley Street at the north end of the Y property, and exit via College Street. See the image below for an animation of the traffic pattern.