School Vacation & Specialty Camps
It’s tough to find balance in your family’s busy life, but Y School Vacation Camps can help with relevant program opportunities when and where you need them. Each camp offers kids creative, engaging, and fun choices – all designed to help them learn, grow, and thrive.
Registration is open!
Vacation/Specialty Camp locations in Chittenden, Franklin, Addison, and Washington counties.
Age: All sites accept children kindergarten to age 12. Founders Memorial in Essex accepts children to Vacation Camp only to age 14.
Online registration is preferred, but is available in person at the Pomerleau Family Y, 266 College Street, or over the phone at 802-862-9622. Enrollment deadlines are the Monday prior to the start of camp.
School Vacation Camps
For kids in kindergarten through age 14. The Y offers imaginative themed camps during every school break.
|Founders Memorial||Under the Sea||November 20-22|
|Georgia Elementary||Outer Space||November 20-22|
|Pomerleau Y||Robin Hood||November 20-22|
|Underhill Central||November to Remember||November 20-22|
*Wednesday, November 22 early release at 2:30 (camp ends)
|Founders Memorial||Destination Imagination||December 26-29|
|Georgia Elemendary||Hocus Pocus Magic!||December 27-29|
|Jericho Elementary||Welcome to Hollywood||December 26-29|
|Pomerleau Y||Winter Wonderland||December 26-29|
|Thatcher Brook||Magic Mangra||December 26-29|
|Ferrisburgh||Winter Wonderland||February 19-23|
|Barre Town||Winter Survival||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Crossett Brook||Arctic Blast||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Founders Memorial||Amazing Race||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Georgia Elementary||Winter Festival||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Pomerleau Y||Y Olympics||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Underhill ID||Y Olympics||Feb. 26-March 2|
|Barre Town||Fools' Festival||April 16-20|
|Thatcher Brook||Artful Antics||April 16-20|
|Ferrisburgh||Sports Extravaganza||April 23-27|
|Founders Memorial||Harry Potter||April 23-27|
|Georgia Elementary||Music Kids!||April 23-27|
|Pomerleau Y||All Ball||April 23-27|
|Jericho Elementary||Explores in Space||April 23-27|
|7:30-8:45||Children arrive- art activity/boardgame/circle games/free play|
|8:45-9:15||Snack time/Social time|
|9:15-10:30||Theme Block: Children have choices|
|10:30-11:45||Outdoor game/Free play|
|2:15-3:45||Outdoor games/Free play/Swimming at local pool|
|3:45-4:15||Snack time/Social time|
|4:15-5:15||Theme Block: Children have choices|
|5:15-6:00||Children depart- art activity/boardgame/circle games/free play|
Times may change due to field trips, enrichment, and individual camp schedules.
Cost: Vacation Camp is $40 per day with a non-refundable $25 deposit. State subsidy is accepted.
Specialty Camps are smaller groups that are large in enthusiasm. They focus on specific themed activities during the day.
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm.
|Thatcher Brook||Ghosts and Goblins||October 6|
|Founders Memorial||Superhero Training||October 19-20|
|Georgia Elementary||Superhero Training||October 19-20|
|Greylock- $75||A Day in Life at Greylock||October 20|
(Transportation provided to Greylock from Pomerleau Family Y. Bus leaves at 8:00am and returns at 5:00pm)
|Jericho Elementary||STEM: Gooey Concoctions||January 15|
|Thatcher Brook||Imaginarium||January 15|
|Georgia Elementary||Sports of All Sorts||March 6-7|
|Jericho Elementary||Healthy Cooking||March 6-7|
|Pomerleau Y||Sports of All Sorts||March 6-7|
|Georgia Elementary||Maker Space||March 30|
8:30 Arrival Activity
9:00 Specialty Block 1
10:30 Specialty Block 2
1:00 Specialty Block 3
3:30 Specialty Block 4
5:00 End of Day
Cost Speciality Camp is $50 per day with a non-refundable $10 deposit. Scholarships are available. State subsidy is not accepted for Speciality Camps.
- Vacation Camp is open from 7:30am-6:00pm unless otherwise stated. Specialty Camps are open 8:00am-5:00pm.
- If your child is currently enrolled in Y After School, the billing information on file will be used unless you indicate otherwise at time of registration.
- All accounts must be up to date to enroll. Payment will be scheduled two weeks prior to the beginning of each camp.
- Registration occurs on a first come, first served basis. Registration deadline is 1 week prior to the start of camp.
- Space permitting, registrations after the deadline incur a $5 per day change fee.
- All changes and cancellations must occur prior to the registration deadline. All cancellations after the deadline will incur a 50% administrative fee with the remaining 50% credited to your account. Once camp has started, no credits will be permitted.
- Changes requested prior to the deadline will be accommodated if space allows. Please refer to the School Age Financial Policies for additional information on fees.
- The Y does accept Child Care Assistance issued by the State of Vermont for Vacation Camps. If your child is attending a camp that is different from your afterschool site, you will need a certificate indicating the vacation site the child is attending. Please contact your state case worker to update this information if needed.
- A schedule highlighting daily activities will be available the first day of camp.
- Camps with enrollment less than 10 are subject to cancellation. Cancellation decisions are made 3 business days before enrollment ends to give families time to look for alternative care.
- Scholarships available for vacation camps! Application for scholarship are due by the registration deadline. Registration forms and financial assistance forms are posted here: Financial Assistance.