School Vacation & Specialty Camps
It’s tough to find balance in your family’s busy life, but Y School Vacation Camps can help with relevant program opportunities when and where you need them. Each camp offers kids creative, engaging and fun choices – all designed to help them learn, grow and thrive.
Watch this site in the fall for camps offered during the 2017-2018 school year.
Online registration is preferred, but is available in person at the Pomerleau Family Y, 266 College Street, or over the phone at 802-862-9622. Enrollment deadlines are the Monday prior to the start of camp.
School Vacation Camps
For kids in kindergarten through age 14. The Y offers imaginative themed camps during every school break. November, December, February and April at multiple locations 7:30am-6:00pm. Registration to open October 1. More information coming soon.
Specialty Camps are smaller groups that focus on specific enrichment activities throughout the day.
All specialty camps begin at 8:30am and end at 5:00pm.
Cost is $50 per day. Scholarships are available. State subsidy is not accepted.
Dates and themes will be made available soon.
|7:30-8:45||Children arrive- art activity/boardgame/circle games/free play|
|8:45-9:15||Snack time/Social time|
|9:15-10:30||Theme Block: Children have choices|
|10:30-11:45||Outdoor game/Free play|
|2:14-3:45||Outdoor games/Free play/Swimming at local pool|
|3:45-4:15||Snack time/Social time|
|4:15-5:15||Theme Block: Children have choices|
|5:15-6:00||Children depart- art activity/boardgame/circle games/free play|
- Camp is open from 7:30am-6:00pm unless otherwise stated.
- If your child is currently enrolled in Y After School, the billing information on file will be used unless you indicate otherwise at time of registration.
- All accounts must be up to date to enroll. Payment will be scheduled two weeks prior to the beginning of each camp.
- Registration occurs on a first come, first served basis.
- Space permitting, registrations after the deadline incur a $20 late fee per family.
- All changes and cancellations must occur prior to the registration deadline. All cancellations after the deadline will incur a 50% administrative fee with the remaining 50% credited to your account. Once camp has started, no credits will be permitted.
- The Y does accept Child Care Assistance issued by the State of Vermont. If your child is attending a camp that is different from your afterschool site, you will need a certificate indicating the vacation site the child is attending. Please contact your state case worker to update this information if needed.
- A schedule highlighting daily activities will be available the first day of camp.
- Camps with enrollment less than 10 are subject to cancellation. Cancellation decisions are made 3 business days before enrollment ends to give families time to look for alternative care.
- Scholarships available! Application for scholarship are due by the registration deadline. Registration forms and financial assistance forms are posted here: Financial Assistance.
Questions? Contact Katelyn Irwin by email at email@example.com or by phone at 802-652-8153.