The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
At the Y, we believe the ability to swim is a critical life skill for every child, teen and adult. Our program pool caters to our members, participants and community with swim lessons, free swim and water fitness classes. Our commitment to safety requires a Lifeguard on duty at all times during Y operations.
We currently have an opening for a Lifeguard to join the Y Aquatics team. In this role, you will be responsible for the safety, well-being and enjoyment of the aquatic programs and facility for all participants. The Lifeguard is expected to interact with members and participants to create a friendly atmosphere, while ensuring all swimmers are in control in the swimming area.
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification, standard First Aid and a Lifeguard Certification
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must maintain good health and fitness
- Must be able to swim 500 yards continuously during time of employment
- Provide a patient and efficient approach to communicating with participants and members
- Must love to swim!
The Y offers a membership to the Burlington facilities as well as many program discounts from classes to children’s summer camps. Invest your career here!
Job Type: Part-time
Required license or certification: Lifeguard
For employment consideration, please send your resume to HR@gbymca.org.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.