As of September 8th, families will be able to reserve time in our program pool!
Five hours will be set aside each day for families to, once again, experience the joy and fun of our warm program pool. This will be by reservation only, with a maximum of two families per 45-minute time slot. Reservations open at 9:00 am, 2 days in advance of your preferred day. This opportunity is currently available only to Y members, no guests or day passes.
The program pool will be dedicated to family use during the following time slots:
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
There are few protocols related to the Aquatic Center that we would like to share:
- No lockers will be available for use.
- Stalls for changing only (no showers) are available in the Universal Locker Room.
- You may bring a small bag and towels onto the pool deck.
- If you would like to use a life jacket, noodle, etc., please bring your own.
- Your visit to our facility will be limited to the reserved time slot.
- All pool users must shower on the pool deck before swimming.
Now, let’s get your family registered for some fun!
When can I register? The opportunity to reserve a spot opens two days prior at 6:00 a.m. For example, all spots for a Thursday open at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
To register by phone: If at all possible, please use our on-line registration system (click the button above). If you need assistance, call our Member Engagement Team at 862-9622, ext. 1.
Cancelling a reservation: As cancelling may cause an opportunity to go unused by another family, please set a time you are certain will work with your schedule. If you must cancel, please contact Jess directly at email@example.com.
Special COVID-19 Note: In keeping with both the Governor’s orders and YMCA protocols, we will increase family access to our pools as appropriate. In the meantime, we encourage you to reserve time for your family as outlined above. If you are an adult and would like information regarding the reservation of a lane for lap swimming, click here. To read about the general protocols and offerings available in the broader Y facility, click here. Please reach out to Aquatics Director Jess Lukas with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During non-COVID times, our message to families reads as follows . . .
Each day, through time identified on our schedules as “Open Swim,” we invite families to enjoy our Program Pool for recreational swim time together. As always, this is free to Y members. Non-members are welcome to purchase a Family Day Pass for only $15. While these hours are largely enjoyed by families, all members are invited to use the Program Pool during these times.
Children who are non-swimmers must have an adult in the water with them at all times. Anyone wishing to swim in the deep end must pass a lifeguard-administered swim test.
Guidelines To Having A Fun And Safe Swim With Our Staff
- RESPECT others and please shower before entering the pool.
- Take CARE and walk on the pool deck.
- Be RESPONSIBLE and don’t dive in the pool. The pool is shallow, spinal injuries can occur.
- Be HONEST and swim with your children who are under the age of 12. Parents leaving children over 12 years alone in the pool area must notify the lifeguard.
- Be RESPONSIBLE when using YMCA equipment. Use of all equipment is under the discretion of the lifeguard.
- Be CAREFUL by refraining from any under water distance swimming.
- Be RESPECTFUL and refrain from Dunking, Pushing, or Rough Play.
- All members are required to be HONEST, CARING, RESPECTFUL, AND RESPONSIBLE in working with the lifeguards and reinforcing these rules.