Join the Y movement today!
Join the Aquatics team at our downtown Burlington facility or at Myers Pool in Winooski (summer only). At both locations, Y Swim Instructors support youth and adult programs that include community swimming lessons, camp splash and early childhood swim.
- Protect the safety of all swimmers by preventing accidents and responding to an emergency quickly and effectively.
- Greet and welcome participants by name with a smile and enthusiasm as they enter the Aquatics area.
- Develop lesson plans using level specific skill sets for each class.
- Take attendance at each class.
- Complete participant evaluations and provide feedback to parents/guardians.
- Maintain a knowledge of the skill progression to teach different levels of instruction.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service, and training.
- Enforce pool rules.
- Arrive 10 minutes before scheduled class to prepare for lessons and pick up area after class.
- Secure a substitute following sub procedure.
- Work cooperatively as a team member with all staff, modeling behavior supporting the YMCA mission and character values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Ability to obtain or currently hold certification for CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and YMCA Swimming Instruction or Water Safety Instructor.
- At least one year of experience working with children and adults.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of patience and empathy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must have a firm grasp on the basics of swimming.
Click here to submit your resume.