Please review before you visit
The information below is updated as changes occur. Please watch this page for the most current information. Significant updates and member news are also communicated to Y members via email. If you would like to receive member information via email, please contact Vicky McCafferty at email@example.com.
We are excited that the Greater Burlington YMCA is open. Welcome back!
Our shared commitment must be to keep our Y members and staff safe and protected. This requires that all of us follow clear guidelines set by the State of Vermont and the CDC for a phased reopening of fitness facilities.
Below we provide a detailed explanation of protocols and measures currently in place. Please review this list carefully to help ensure as smooth an experience as possible upon your return.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 6 am – 9 pm
Friday: 6 am – 8 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 8 am – 2 pm
- Everyone will enter the building via the College Street (south) entrance and exit from north end of the lobby.
- Members and staff will have their temperature checked and answer a few questions before entering the facility as part of a health screening.
- Members must bring their own masks and are required to wear the mask at ALL times when at the Y. The only exception will be while swimming in one of the pools.
- Members must maintain a minimum 6 foot distance from each other.
- New, strict building capacity limits are in effect. To help monitor capacity, members must scan in and scan out at the front desk.
- All payment transactions must be cash-less. A credit card machine will be available, and members will swipe their own cards.
- To promote physical distancing, we will use the grand staircase to access the second floor and the west stairwell to return to the first floor.
- Facility use will be limited to one hour to serve the maximum number of members each day. Please be respectful of this limit.
- Our Women’s and Men’s locker rooms (including showers) are open, but with a 15 person occupancy limit per locker room. The Universal Locker room is also open and available for use.
- Bring a sweat towel and water bottle. Water fountains are temporarily closed, but bottle-filling stations are open.
- Members under age 18 may use the Wellness Area if they have previously completed orientation. No teen orientations will take place.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will be for members only.
- Drop-In Child Care is closed.
- Pre-registration for lap swimming is required. Click here to learn more about use of the Aquatic Center.
- Swimmers may bring a small bag and towel onto the pool deck.
- The locker rooms are now available for use.
- All swimmers must shower on the pool deck before swimming.
- Limited pool equipment is available. If you would like to use a kick board, pull buoy, etc., please bring your own.
- The sauna remains closed. The splash pad is open at the discretion of staff.
- We are pleased that Family swim, offered in a limited capacity and with reservations required, has returned.
- Aqua Aerobics and Silver Foxes are on hold at this time. Click here to learn more.
Wellness & Gymnasium:
- Some cardio equipment is offline to facilitate physical distancing.
- Members will be asked to wait if the Wellness area is at capacity.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use to enhance the cleaning also being performed by Y staff.
- The Gymnasium is currently closed. Please watch for changes, as we hope to reopen with time set aside each week for: Volleyball; Pickleball; and Youth, Adult, and Family Recreation hours; as well as a few hours for Open Recreation.
- We are offering daily group exercise classes. At this time, they are being offered virtually. We are looking to return a mix of in-person and virtual classes soon. For in-person classes we require appropriate social distancing and masks. To view our most current group exercise schedule, click here.
There are a lot of new, temporary guidelines here, and we will help you get through this! Please know that you will continue to enjoy the welcoming environment that we always strive to provide, and we stand ready to support you in reaching your health and wellness goals.
While we always intend for the information we provide to be informative and helpful, we recognize that some members may have questions about COVID-19 that are best addressed by health professionals. To help you find answers, read what the Vermont Department of Health has provided in their COVID-19 FAQs by clicking here.
With appreciation to all of you who have stayed with us,
Marsha Faryniarz, Interim CEO