Please review before you visit
The information below is updated as changes occur. Please watch this page for the most current information. Significant updates and member news are also communicated to Y members via email. If you would like to receive member information via email, please contact Vicky McCafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Greater Burlington YMCA!
Our shared commitment must be to keep our Y members and staff safe and protected. This requires that all of us follow guidelines and protocols set by the State of Vermont and our Y.
Below we provide a detailed explanation of protocols and measures currently in place. Please review this list carefully to help ensure as smooth an experience as possible.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 6 am – 9 pm
Friday: 6 am – 8 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 8 am – 2 pm
We’re slowly opening the spigot! Effective May 1, the State of Vermont transitioned from sector-specific to Universal Guidance for businesses as part of the Vermont Forward reopening plan. The details of the Vermont Forward plan can be found here. The basics are:
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Wear a mask (VT mandate remains in effect).
- Maintain six-foot distancing.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Follow state travel guidelines.
What does this mean for you when you visit the Y?
- The health screening station will be removed (starting May 2) and furniture returned to the lobby.
- We will continue to have capacity limits in the Wellness area to allow for 6-foot distancing. If you come at a very busy time, you may still be required to wait.
- We will continue with the 1-hour facility usage limit when we are at capacity to ensure all members are able to visit.
- Sign-ups for Group Ex and Aquatics will remain in effect.
While we are all cautiously excited to have a path forward to normalcy, it’s still incredibly important that our members be responsible, and continue to follow the state guidance above to ensure the health and safety of all members.
Additional General Facility Procedures:
- We will still have everyone enter the building via the College Street (south) entrance and exit from north end of the lobby.
- Members must bring their own masks and are required to wear the mask at ALL times when at the Y. The only exception will be while swimming in one of the pools.
- To help monitor capacity, members must scan in and scan out at the front desk.
- Our locker rooms are open, but with a 15-person occupancy in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will be for members only.
- Drop-In Child Care is currently closed.
- Pre-registration for lap swimming, adult swim, family swim, and aquatic exercise classes is required. Click here to learn more about use of the Aquatic Center.
- The sauna remains closed. The splash pad is open at the discretion of staff.
Wellness & Gymnasium:
- Members will be asked to wait in the lobby if the Wellness area is at capacity.
- Members are asked to disinfect equipment before and after use.
- The Gymnasium is currently closed. Please watch for anticipated changes in early summer.
- Group exercise classes are offered daily — in-person, virtual, and hybrid offerings. For in-person classes we require appropriate social distancing and masks. To view our most current group exercise schedule and register, click here.