The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
Our Y Early Childhood Program in Burlington is hiring a part-time One-on-One Specialist to work with a toddler aged child who experiences behavioral challenges. This position is Monday through Friday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
In this role, you’ll play a valuable component to a young child providing one-on-one assistance for daily play, involvement, learning and engagement.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age
- One year experience working with children ages 0-8 and children with behavioral issues who are on the spectrum.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing professional development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our mission and core values.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.