COVID-19 NOTE: We are emerging from the strictest COVID protocols, but at this time we are not yet accommodating visitors who are not members of the Greater Burlington YMCA. This note will be removed once we are, again, able to welcome all visitors for day use of the facility.
We are proud to offer our members access to the more than 2,500 YMCA facilities across the United States that participate in the Y’s Nationwide Membership program. This way, our members can use the Y as often as they like, making it easier to achieve their health and wellness goals.
Always Welcome in Every Community
Y Nationwide Membership enables you to use your Greater Burlington YMCA membership to visit participating YMCA’s at no extra charge. We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work, or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities.
What You Need to Know
When using the Y’s Nationwide Membership program, there are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
• Visit www.ymca.net/nationwide-membership before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y’s do.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your “Home” YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.
For questions, contact Matt Roeder, Director of Member of Engagement, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 802-652-8162.