The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
Our Early Childhood Program at UVMMC in Winooski, is currently seeking a full-time Head Teacher to lead our infant classroom.
The Greater Burlington YMCA has been serving the children of the staff of University of Vermont Medical Center for over twenty years. Our center is located at 405 Main Street in Winooski.
You’ll play a valuable role by planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate and stimulating curriculum for our one year old children, following the philosophy and standards of the Y and in conjunction with the NAEYC guidelines for Early Childhood. Programs. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with families respecting any differences in family backgrounds or parenting styles.
- Communicate with parents/guardians through daily interaction and communication to promote an understanding of each child’s growth and development.
- Maintain observation-based records for children to participate in two family conferences per year.
- Supervise and develop Teacher Associates through team goal-setting, feedback, and participation in an evaluation process.
- Maintain a neat and organized classroom and participate in occasional center cleaning duties.
- Ensure safety at all times in the building by reporting failures and improvements to the Director.
- Ensure that all Vermont Childcare Licensing requirements and regulations are maintained at all times. Maintain a NAEYC classroom portfolio and update documents regularly.
At least twenty (20) years of age and meets one of the following criteria:
- Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level 4 A or B
- A Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary or Special Education, or Child Family Services and at least one year of experience working with children birth to age 8.
- A Bachelor Degree with the completion of at least 30 college credits with an early education or school age focus and at least one year of experience working with groups of children ages 8 or younger.
- Hold a current Vermont Agency of Education Teaching License with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education.
- Demonstrate patience and acceptance.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Commit to the Y’s core values of Respect, Caring, Honesty and Responsibility.
Continue your teaching career at the Y with ongoing professional development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our mission and core values.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time employees and individual membership for part-time employees, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.