About Dynamo Swim Team
Dynamo is a three season (fall, winter, spring) competitive swim team for youth, teens and adults. We offer clinics during September and May, swim camp during April and August and short course season from October to March with all meets held in 25-yard pools. We are an open and balanced team that serves swimmers from first time team members to national competitors. We are a competitive team at heart; but want each swimmer to grow at the speed that is right for them regarding the amount of practice and competition. All practices are held at the Pomerleau Family Y in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
Dynamo Swim Team helps create confident swimmers who achieve both individual and team goals through a love of swimming and an environment of excellence.
To build a strong community by involving youth, adults and families in programs and activities that develops spirit, mind and body.
Team Philosophy: PERC UP
- We will recognize and celebrate the talents each swimmer inherently possesses.
- We will show pride in our individual and team achievements.
- We are committed to excellence. We can do the things we set our minds to through commitment, self-discipline and hard work.
- Swimming fast is awesome, but swimming with fast with excellent strokes is the best!
- We will challenge ourselves and each other to grow and learn every day.
- We will take responsibility for our actions. We don’t look for someone else to blame.
- We will face every challenge or race with the knowledge that we have put in the work needed to achieve our goal.
- To succeed we will have to take risks.
- We will not be afraid to try and not succeed because we know that we will learn more each time and get close to our goals.
- We will take opportunities to remind each other when we notice achievements and support each other when we are feeling frustrated or discouraged.
- Every swimmer is a critical part of the team’s whole.
PERSISTENCE and DEDICATION
- We will be improving everyday and we will have to put in the work every day to reach our small and large goals.
- If we do not achieve our goals we will allow ourselves time for disappointment but later we will take a chance to reflect and +develop a plan to work towards our goal again.
Jacsen Callanan- Head Coach
Jacsen graduated from UVM in 2005. He grew up as a competitive swimmer on the south side of Chicago and had the opportunity to swim each summer at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor under the direction of Jon Urbanchek. He has been working in aquatics as a guard, instructor and coach for 15 years. He has been the head swim coach for the Northeast Philadelphia YMCA and an assistant coach for the Philadelphia FINS master swimming team. He is excited for his eighth season as the Dynamo Head Coach.
Amer Mujezinovic - Assistant Coach
Amer Mujezinovic was born and raised in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He swam, did track and field, played volleyball, handball and basketball for his High School. Amer moved to the US and finally settled in Burlington VT in 2009. He has two boys (6 and 8) that are part of Dynamo Swim team and decided to help out for a third season.
Rachel Petrone- Assistant Coach
Rachel is a former swimmer from southern Rhode Island. A major part of her life has been swimming for her local year-round team. She also spent some of her summers lifeguarding at the beach and leading her team in open-water swims. Now, a senior at UVM studying neuroscience, Rachel is excited to start her second season with Dynamo!
Cecilia Pohlar - Assistant Coach
Cecilia grew up in central Indiana and spent a large part of her childhood swimming competitively, before studying abroad in Denmark. Now attending Champlain College, she is excited for her fourth season as a coach for Dynamo!
Wren Pyle- Assistant Coach
Wren is a student at the University of Vermont studying Exercise Science. Wren was a swimmer for over 13 years and enjoyed the 100 butterfly the most. After retiring from swimming Wren has moved on to competing in Ultra-Marathons and alpine adventures. She is looking forward to her second season with Dynamo.
Blair Shields- Assistant Coach
Blair is excited for her second season with Dynamo! She has recently graduated from UVM and is staying in the area for the year. She has been competitively swimming since she was 9 and coaching since she was 16.
Questions? Contact Head Coach, Jacsen Callanan, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 802-652-8143.