About Dynamo Swim Team
Dynamo is a three season (fall, winter, spring) competitive swim team for youth, teens and adults. We offer clinics during September and May, swim camp during April and August and short course season from October to March with all meets held in 25-yard pools. We are an open and balanced team that serves swimmers from first time team members to national competitors. We are a competitive team at heart; but want each swimmer to grow at the speed that is right for them regarding the amount of practice and competition. All practices are held at the Pomerleau Family Y in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
Dynamo Swim Team helps create confident swimmers who achieve both individual and team goals through a love of swimming and an environment of excellence.
To build a strong community by involving youth, adults and families in programs and activities that develops spirit, mind and body.
Team Philosophy: PERC UP
- We will recognize and celebrate the talents each swimmer inherently possesses.
- We will show pride in our individual and team achievements.
- We are committed to excellence. We can do the things we set our minds to through commitment, self-discipline and hard work.
- Swimming fast is awesome, but swimming with fast with excellent strokes is the best!
- We will challenge ourselves and each other to grow and learn every day.
- We will take responsibility for our actions. We don’t look for someone else to blame.
- We will face every challenge or race with the knowledge that we have put in the work needed to achieve our goal.
- To succeed we will have to take risks.
- We will not be afraid to try and not succeed because we know that we will learn more each time and get close to our goals.
- We will take opportunities to remind each other when we notice achievements and support each other when we are feeling frustrated or discouraged.
- Every swimmer is a critical part of the team’s whole.
PERSISTENCE and DEDICATION
- We will be improving everyday and we will have to put in the work every day to reach our small and large goals.
- If we do not achieve our goals we will allow ourselves time for disappointment but later we will take a chance to reflect and +develop a plan to work towards our goal again.
Jacsen Callanan- Head Coach
Jacsen graduated from UVM in 2005. He grew up as a competitive swimmer on the south side of Chicago and had the opportunity to swim each summer at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor under the direction of Jon Urbanchek. He has been working in aquatics as a guard, instructor and coach for 15 years. He has been the head swim coach for the Northeast Philadelphia YMCA and an assistant coach for the Philadelphia FINS master swimming team. He is excited for his fifth season as the Dynamo Head Coach.
John Kofi Bradford- Assistant Coach
John is coming to the Dynamo team with extensive experience as a Water Safety Instructor and swim coach. He was an assistant coach for the middle school swim team at Horace Mann Lions in NYC and was a Water Safety Instructor at the Riverdale YMHA, also in NYC. He is competitive in nature but really understands how to breakdown and teach strokes to all ages. This will be his first year with as a Dynamo Swim Coach.
Chandler Brandes- Assistant Coach
Chandler is a junior at UVM where she is majoring in public communication and double minoring in coaching and sports management. She swims IM and freestyle for the Catamounts and her favorite event is the 400 IM. A native Vermonter, she has been swimming competitively since she was 8 and has been coaching since she was 16. She's extremely excited for her first season with Dynamo!
Steph Duncan- Assistant Coach
A native New Jersian, swimming has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. She swam competitively from 5-18 and loved being part of the team. UVM stole her heart in 2009 and she has stayed in Vermont since. She works as an early childhood special educator and will be in her fourth season coaching with Dynamo.
Ellyse Fredericks - Assistant Coach
A former swimmer of Dynamo and Winooski teams. Currently studying at the University of Vermont as a Sophomore and is a part of UVM’s rowing team. Along with coaching she teaches swim lessons and guards at the YMCA and this will be her first season with Dynamo as a coach.
Kyla Leary- Assistant Coach
Kyla is coming to the Dynamo team with extensive experience as a cheerleading coach. She coaches the middle school cheerleading for the CSSU Buccaneers and is an assistant coach at the Essex Middle School Eagles. She is new to competitive swimming but is excited to learn and apply her coaching background in another arena. Her biggest dream is to start, build and own an All Star Cheerleading Gym.
Reiko Maeda- Assistant Coach
Amer Mujezinovic - Assistant Coach
Amer Mujezinovic was born and raised in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He swam, did track and field, played volleyball, handball and basketball for his High School. Amer moved to the US and finally settled in Burlington VT in 2009. He has two boys (5 and 8) that are part of Dynamo Swim team and decided to help out this season.
Tom Nececkas - Assistant Coach
A former Division 1 swimmer at Boston College and current member of the YMCA’s master team, Tom brought his love of swimming to the Dynamo swim team for the past two years.
Cecilia Pohlar - Assistant Coach
Cecilia grew up in central Indiana and spent a large part of her childhood swimming competitively, before studying abroad in Denmark. Now attending Champlain College, she is excited for her first season as a coach for the Dynamo!
Questions? Contact Head Coach, Jacsen Callanan, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 802-652-8154.