About Dynamo Swim Team
Dynamo is a three season (fall, winter, spring) competitive swim team for youth, teens and adults. We offer clinics during September and May, swim camp during April and August and short course season from October to March with all meets held in 25-yard pools. We are an open and balanced team that serves swimmers from first time team members to national competitors. We are a competitive team at heart; but want each swimmer to grow at the speed that is right for them regarding the amount of practice and competition. All practices are held at the Pomerleau Family Y in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
Dynamo Swim Team helps create confident swimmers who achieve both individual and team goals through a love of swimming and an environment of excellence.
To build a strong community by involving youth, adults and families in programs and activities that develops spirit, mind and body.
Team Philosophy: PERC UP
- We will recognize and celebrate the talents each swimmer inherently possesses.
- We will show pride in our individual and team achievements.
- We are committed to excellence. We can do the things we set our minds to through commitment, self-discipline and hard work.
- Swimming fast is awesome, but swimming with fast with excellent strokes is the best!
- We will challenge ourselves and each other to grow and learn every day.
- We will take responsibility for our actions. We don’t look for someone else to blame.
- We will face every challenge or race with the knowledge that we have put in the work needed to achieve our goal.
- To succeed we will have to take risks.
- We will not be afraid to try and not succeed because we know that we will learn more each time and get close to our goals.
- We will take opportunities to remind each other when we notice achievements and support each other when we are feeling frustrated or discouraged.
- Every swimmer is a critical part of the team’s whole.
PERSISTENCE and DEDICATION
- We will be improving everyday and we will have to put in the work every day to reach our small and large goals.
- If we do not achieve our goals we will allow ourselves time for disappointment but later we will take a chance to reflect and +develop a plan to work towards our goal again.
Jacsen Callanan- Head Coach
Jacsen graduated from UVM in 2005. He grew up as a competitive swimmer on the south side of Chicago and had the opportunity to swim each summer at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor under the direction of Jon Urbanchek. He has been working in aquatics as a guard, instructor and coach for 15 years. He has been the head swim coach for the Northeast Philadelphia YMCA and an assistant coach for the Philadelphia FINS master swimming team. He is excited for his fifth season as the Dynamo Head Coach.
Steph Duncan- Assistant Coach
A native New Jersian, swimming has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. She swam competitively from 5-18 and loved being part of the team. UVM stole her heart in 2009 and she has stayed in Vermont since. She works as an early childhood special educator and will be in her fourth season coaching with Dynamo.
Jess Lukas- Assistant Coach
Jess began her aquatics career in high school at the White Plains Y and has been with various YMCAs since. She graduated from UNH in 2004 and moved onto a career in aquatics. She is currently the assistant aquatics director as well as coaching with Dynamo for her 5th season.
Reiko Maeda- Assistant Coach
Questions? Contact Head Coach, Jacsen Callanan, by email at email@example.com or phone at 802-652-8154.