The Y Pod: A Program for Middle School Students
*New for 2017-2018 School Year*
With over 30 years of experience, the Y knows just how critical the hours middle schoolers spend outside of the classroom are to growth and development. With the Y Pod Program, the YMCA brings its high quality, STARS-rated afterschool program to Crossett Brook and Browns River Middle Schools.
Committed to providing a safe, enriching and fun environment during out-of-school time, the Y fosters positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Hightlights of the Y’s program include
- Field trips
- Enriching programs brought on site
- Rotating activities such as music, tinkering, Zombie survivial, etc.
- Snacks that meet YMCA Healthy Eating Physical Activity (HEPA) standards
Utilizing an on-line “punch card” system, the Y program provides families maximum flexibility. Through easy on-line systems, families can:
- Pay for a 20 visit punch card
- Set dates for child’s attendance up to a month in advance, but as late as noon the day of attendance (slots permitting)
Everyone belongs at the Y. As such, we work closely with families eligible for State subsidy (for children up to age 12). Additionally, the Y offers financial assistance for qualifying families.
How it works:
- Register online through the link below
- Choose the right punch card for your middle-schoolers needs
- 20 punches for $250
- 40 punches for $475
- Once registration has been approved a link to choose the days your child will attend will be sent to you
- links will be available at least one month in advance
- you will be able to sign up for a day up until 12:00 noon the day of attendance
- Staff will expect youth for the days they are signed up for and your punch card will be reduced
- When your punch card gets down to 5 days of less, you can choose to either automatically replenish your punch card or for that to be done over the phone. A child cannot attend the program if there isn’t sufficient punches available.
To learn more about THE Y POD Program contact Sara Roberson Ryan by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 802-652-8150.