Drop-In Child Care
Special COVID-19 Note: At the present time, this offering is CURRENTLY ON HOLD. As we move through our phased reopening — in keeping with both the Governor’s orders and YMCA protocols — we will once again make this service available.
Free to members, Drop-In Child Care provides a nurturing, safe and fun environment for the children of Y members — and non-members — while they work out or take a class. The goal of our staff is to create an atmosphere where parents feel comfortable and children feel valued. Please contact Becca Mann by phone at 802-652-8123 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Ages: 6 weeks-12 years.
To ensure quality care, attendance is a one to five ratio, with no more than three children under the age of 18 months to two adults, and no more than four children under the age of 18 months to three adults. Reservations are strongly recommended to ensure space for all children and are required for children under 18 months of age.
A child’s visit to Drop-In Child Care is limited to 2 hours.
|Monday – Friday||7:30am – 1:30pm|
|3:30pm – 7:30pm|
|Saturday – Sunday||8:00am – 1:00pm|
Drop-In Child Care will be closed on major holidays.
Drop-In Child Care is free for Y members.
We invite visiting, non-members to use this service at a cost of $10 per child per visit.
Please know that our Drop-In Child Care is a peanut and tree nut free space.
* Extra set of clothes
* Diapers and wipes
* Healthy snack and drink/bottle. Please note that Drop-In Child Care is a peanut-free space.
* Children should be in socks or indoor shoes
Please label all items that you bring with you.
Visits are limited to two hours per day.
We maintain the following rations:
- 1 staff to 5 children
- No more than 4 under the age of 18 months to 3 staff
- No more than 3 under the age of 18 months to 2 staff
Reservations are strongly recommended in to ensure space for your child. Reservations are required for children under 18 months of age.
Please call 652-8123 to make reservations. A maximum of three reservations can be made per week.
Drop-ins are accepted as space is available.
- When using our service, you must be attending a YMCA program or class. Exception is going out for a run.
- All parents/guardians must complete the information sheet with updated contact and emergency information.
- Parents/guardians must sign child in and out at each visit (please provide all requested information). The parent/guardian that drops off the child must be the one to pick up the child. If both parents drop off the child, either may pick up.
- If an adult other than a parent/guardian is caring for a child and intends to use Drop-In Child Care, that adult must have a note signed by a parent/guardian authorizing use of this service AND our staff must also have a conversation with the parent/guardian.
- Each visit is for a maximum of two hours (see Reservations for ratios and attendance capacity).
- Drop-In Child Care is a peanut and tree-nut free space.
- Your child cannot be in Drop-In Child Care if they:
- have had a fever in the last 24 hours
- have had 3 or more loose bowel movements in the last 24 hours
- have vomited in the last 24 hours
- have an illness that is contagious or infectious