YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement Today!
Y School Age Programs provide critical growth and development outside of the classroom with a fun environment where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Our curriculum compliments the school day with extended learning opportunities that include sports, outdoor play, arts, skill building clubs, literacy and more!
We are currently hiring a Youth Development Coordinator to develop and oversee enrichment programs and specialty camps in our afterschool department. This role is primarily responsible for the development and coordination of special programming in and out of afterschool sites.
The Youth Development Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with schools, communities, boards, and state/local and national representatives to provide enriched programs to our existing afterschool sites. Additionally, this role will create specialty programs and camps that are trending and nationally recognized during vacation weeks and summer months.
This is a full-time, year-round position, classified as Exempt.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, coordinate and implement specialty programming, enrichment’s and specialty camps at current school age sites.
- Create and maintain relationships with community and school partnerships to enhance programming at new and existing school age sites.
- Provide leadership and support to established programs and new programming targeted toward school age children.
- Work with community agencies to secure space for programs, enrichment’s and camps.
- Identify and build relationships with educators, professionals or other community members to lead specialty classes.
- Evaluate sites and locations through a needs assessment to determine types of specialty programs or enrichment’s that might benefit the School Age Program.
- Provide supervision to program staff leading enrichment’s and specialty camps.
- Orient employees prior to leading enrichment’s and specialty camps; ensuring the Y’s expectations and processes are met and understood.
- Educate employees on safety procedures and requirements to ensure safe practices for all participants.
- Provide effective feedback through Growth, Progress and Support (GPS) Conversations with Afterschool Program Assistants.
- Provide high quality care to the children and families of afterschool through ongoing professional development, training, and education.
- Assist Director in creating a budget specific to programmatic areas. Maintain budget accuracy and account for budget discrepancies, as necessary.
- Work with Development to identify, procure, and report on available grants to fund quality improvement initiatives and program development in the school age department.
- Ensure visibility of programs at the school, community and statewide level through various board and committee representation, written articles and personal appearances at appropriate events.
- Represent the Y at appropriate local and statewide boards or committees.
- Support the School Age Department through various projects, leadership roles, or duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Recreation or Youth Development, along with experience in developing and coordinating programming appropriate for school age children, working with school age children and insight to Vermont Afterschool Licensing and Regulations.
Benefits & Perks:
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.