The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
We are currently hiring a full-time Teacher Associates for our University of Vermont Medical Center Early Childhood Program, located at 405 Main Street in Winooski.
As a Teacher Associate, you will assist in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate and stimulating curriculum following the philosophy and standards of the YMCA and NAEYC guidelines, participate in the development and execution of curricular programs, establish professional relationships with parents, and enrich and nurture the lives children ages birth to 5.
Applicants must be at least 20 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED and meet one of these requirements:
- Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three (3); or
- Associate Degree with a major in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education or Child and Family Services and at least one year of experience working with children under age 8; or
- Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program; or
- Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least one year of experience working with children under age 8; or
- Successful completion of 21 college credits with an Early Childhood or School Age focus and at least one year of experience working with children under age 8.
Enhance your teaching career with the Y with ongoing professional development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our mission and core values.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time employees and individual membership for part-time employees, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.