The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
Our Early Childhood Program is hiring a Teacher Assistant to “float” between our infant/toddler classrooms at our Burlington site. This unique full-time role works with all Head Teachers in infant/toddler to cover breaks, schedule gaps and absences. You’ll play a valuable role to the Early Childhood Program by assisting in maintaining a neat and organized classroom, participating in the development and execution of curricular programs, establishing professional relationships with parents, and enriching and nurturing the lives of the children.
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED and meet one (1) of the following qualifications:
- A Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level One (1) or Two (2) Certificate; or
- A current CDA (Child Development Associate); or
- A State Board of Education approved Human Services Program Certificate that emphasizes child development or early childhood education; or
- Completion of the Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals course or the Vermont Afterschool Essentials Certificate; or
- Successful completion of three (3) college credit course in child or human development or school age care and education.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our daily mission and core values.
The Y offers a membership to the Burlington facilities as well as many program discounts from classes to children’s summer camps. Invest your career here!
Please submit your cover letter and resume for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.