The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
Our Early Childhood Program is hiring a Teacher Assistant to “float” between our Burlington sites. This unique full-time role allows engagement and experience with curriculum for children up to age 5. The ideal candidate will work with with the infant and toddler group to cover morning breaks, schedule gaps and absences. In the afternoon, this role will shift to cover in the preschool rooms.
You’ll play a valuable part to the Early Childhood Program by assisting in maintaining a neat and organized classroom, participating in the development and execution of curricular programs, establishing professional relationships with parents, and enriching and nurturing the lives of the children.
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED and meet one (1) of the following qualifications:
- A Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level One (1) or Two (2) Certificate; or
- A current CDA (Child Development Associate); or
- A State Board of Education approved Human Services Program Certificate that emphasizes child development or early childhood education; or
- Completion of the Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals course or the Vermont Afterschool Essentials Certificate; or
- Successful completion of three (3) college credit course in child or human development or school age care and education.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing professional development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our mission and core values.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Please submit your cover letter and resume for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.