SENIOR DIRECTOR OF HEALTHY LIVING
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
It’s an exciting time for the Y as we gear up to move into our new facility located at 298 College Street. Our community and staff have worked diligently in raising funds in order to build our new facility. The preparation of our move also includes evaluating the needs of our organization.
Our Y is in a search of an enthusiastic, energetic, thoughtful and experienced Sr. Healthy Living Director. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President and lead all health initiatives and programs of our organization, to include Member Services, Fitness and Wellness and Aquatics.
This member and community facing role will work collaboratively to generate membership growth through building relationships with community partners, focus on recruitment and retention of new members, through programs designed for their specific needs. Additionally, this role is responsible for overseeing budgets and revenue for each department, managing Directors of each healthy living facet and the potential professional growth of our staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in health related field, or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years of experience in managing a club or fitness facility with a paying membership, preferred.
- At least four (4) years of experience in Aquatics, Fitness, Health and Wellness, and/or Customer Service.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in program management in wellness, public health, aquatics or membership.
- At least five (5) years of experience in staff management and supervision, fiscal management, program growth and retention, and community relationship building, required.
- Ability to lead three (3) departments through strong leadership skills, support and direction.
- Experience in manage multiple annual budget operations with a strong sense of financial understanding.
- Provide excellent customer service using clear and concise communication both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate professionalism through the Y’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification, required.
- Y Team Leader preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Candidates may submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.