SCHOOL AGE COORDINATOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y School Age Programs provide critical growth and development outside of the classroom with a fun environment where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Our curriculum compliments the school day with extended learning opportunities that include sports, outdoor play, arts, skill building clubs, literacy and more!
Our School Age Coordinator will work closely with our Site Directors and Program Staff to ensure quality afterschool programs. This role is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and the professional development of School Age staff. Additionally, this role develops relationships with our School Age families enrolled in our afterschool programs, summer camps and vacation programs, as well as other administrative support functions for the School Age Department.
This position requires flexibility as it will be a split role of 20 administrative hours and 20 hours floating around from school age site to site, filling in absences, vacations and working toward professional support and development for off-site staff.
- A Bachelor of Arts in education, youth development, recreation or a related field, preferred.
- At least two years experience working in a licensed program.
- Ability to work effectively with school age children, understanding development, growth and expectations.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with scheduling, recruiting, hiring and professional development for school age staff.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- A reliable vehicle in order to travel to school site locations.
This is a full-time position out of the downtown Greater Burlington YMCA located at 266 College Street. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, short and long-term disability, paid time off, along with a 403(b) Savings Plan and pension eligibility. All full-time employees of the Y receive a family membership, child care benefits for licensed programs and other program discounts.
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.