The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
We offer more than just a job; we offer a cause you can participate in. We invite you to join us in this cause — where you can develop your professional skills, realize your leadership potential and discover a career that is so much more than a job.
The Y is currently hiring a full-time Payroll Specialist to be directly responsible for processing payroll for the organization, as well as managing accounts payable functions.
- Manage the organization’s payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis by maintaining employee information in the HRIS, updating employee records as requested, and managing benefit enrollments to ensure accurate deductions in pay checks.
- Enter newly hired employees into HRIS, create personnel file and file in appropriate area.
- Work closely with managers utilizing Time and Attendance to ensure proper training in order for the manager to facilitate smooth and timely time card approvals.
- Review the payroll register with Human Resources or Finance to ensure accuracy in the deliverables, insurances and taxes.
- Prepare reports as needed for Human Resources, Finance and Department Heads, as needed.
- Respond to employee or manager inquiries regarding pay, deductions, benefit enrollments, retirement, tax filings or other payroll related questions.
- Enter newly eligible employees into the benefits portal, create confidential file and file in appropriate area.
- Process terminations in HRIS, generate COBRA letters for eligible employees and file terminated file appropriately.
- Prepare and process end of the year reporting requirements and W2 forms using the HRIS.
- Assist in coding vendor invoices to proper GL accounts and process outgoing checks to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage year-end reporting including 1099 accounts.
- Manage the credit card processing and reconciliation process.
- Assist the Accounting Specialist with opening and sorting the organization’s mail to ensure finance best practices.
- Act as back-up to processing AP and check requests.
The ideal candidate will have an Associates Degree and at least two years of experience in accounting, finance, human resources, business or any other related field. This role must maintain confidentiality at all times, be organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
This position will report to HR and Finance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
The Y offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and a family membership, along with access to program and camp discounts. This position is located at 266 College Street with free parking provided.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.