MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
The Y is thrilled to open a brand new facility on January 1st, located at 298 College Street. Our new building features an open concept with large windows that create bright spaces throughout. Here, we are able to accommodate a safe place for community to come together daily and focus on their health and wellness mission.
Our new facility creates new opportunities for employment at the Y!
We are currently seeking a full-time Member Engagement Associate to work closely with our members in servicing memberships, building relationships and creating an inviting and safe atmosphere. Our Member Engagement Associates are friendly, outgoing and provide exceptional service to ensure every person who comes to the Y community feels welcomed and safe.
In this role, you will greet members, program participants, visitors and partners, check members into the facility, sell new memberships, manage existing memberships, and be familiar with onsite programs and classes in order to answer questions, address questions, comments or concerns as well as some administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the Y’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and be available for full or part-time work. Shifts may include opening shifts beginning at 5:00 am in the morning, day time, or evening shifts up to closing at 9:00 or 10:00 pm. This position may require weekdays or weekends to accommodate all hours our Y is open to the public.
Candidates who are interested in a part-time position as a Member Engagement Associate may also apply. Part-time employees may work 15-20 hours per week in this role.
- Provide excellent service to Y members, program participants, community and staff.
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and effectively to ensure a timely resolution.
- A comfort in conflict resolution in-person.
- Must be reliable, dependable and flexible.
- Familiarity with database management.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Demonstrate Y Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.