The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement Today!
The Y opened its brand new facility in January 2020 and seeks to expand its Facilities team with an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. This position will work closely with the Director in maintaining the building appearance inside and out. Some duties include light repairs, troubleshooting systems, pool maintenance, general cleaning, some landscaping and painting and touch up.
This position is full-time, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in all YMCA facilities, including painting, sanding, use of shop tools and power equipment, trouble-shooting electrical, plumbing, and HVAC issues, etc. Tracking and responsiveness to tickets in work order system.
- Maintain pools to ensure chemicals are balanced, clean, and mechanically sound.
- Responsible for operation of Chemtrol units of pools and print water test results from lap pool Chemtrol unit.
- Ensure and maintain GHS compliance with OSHA standards regarding Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals at each Y facility.
- Ensure that all YMCA facilities are clean, safe, secure, and attractive, including mid-day Day Porter cleaning duties.
- Ensure that all YMCA machinery, tools, equipment, and vehicles assigned, are maintained in operable and safe conditions.
- Moving, assembling, and disposing of furniture and equipment, as needed.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring grounds are attractive and maintained, including trash pickup, watering and cutting grass, trimming, edging.
- Reporting promptly any and all security related issues to Director.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and monitoring a preventative maintenance program for all YMCA facilities.
- Participate in Y Safety Committee meetings, as needed, to ensure expertise and delivery of safety for the facility.
- Use of scissor lift and Y truck, as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of the total YMCA program and its mission.
- Make decisions involved in utilizing the resources of the YMCA to service and satisfy the public.
- Maintain a good working relationship with vendors and outside contractors to maintain maximum service and reasonable costs to the YMCA.
- Attend and participate in training, workshops, and meetings as determined with supervisor.
- Complete other projects and/or assignments as designated by the Director Facilities.
- Act as a role model for the values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility in your interaction with others.
- Working knowledge of general systems such as electric, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform efficiently, professional and successfully under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate independence and dependability.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use common sense to effectively problem solve.
- Understand safe practices, identify hazards and prevent accidents from occurring.
- Ability to use tools and power equipment effectively and safely.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff, along with program discounts for camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account.
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.