GROUP FITNESS SUPERVISOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
The Y is currently hiring a Group Exercise Supervisor to join the fitness team. This role supports the creative vision, organization, management and administration of Y Group Fitness, overseeing its staff and programs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Maintain a robust and diverse offering of weekly group fitness classes.
- Seek member feedback and track attendance to identify growth opportunities.
- Plan timely programming concurrent with events, holidays and the season.
- Act as a role model and supervise Group Fitness Instructors.
- Teach or sub classes regularly, while building rapport with members.
- Work with members to support their fitness journey.
- Recruit, hire and train new instructors.
- Evaluate, coach and counsel staff.
- Create and maintain staff schedule.
- Perform equipment checks.
- Host or send staff to certification trainings, as needed.
- Create opportunities for revenue growth in group fitness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in exercise science, sports management, physical education, nutrition or similar field preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Current certification in group fitness from a nationally recognized organization (ACE, NCSA, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Experience in various types of group fitness classes.
- Experience with fitness equipment use and maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using database systems such as Daxko Operations, Accounting, and Engage preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent member engagement, listen, be attentive, problem solve quickly efficiently and be fair.
- A team player with strong motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work within a diverse population of employees and members.
- CPR/First Aid certification required within first 30 days of employment.
This position my be a part-time position only OR a full-time position with teaching group fitness classes and working in the Fitness Center as an Attendant.
The Y offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, along with short and long-term disability, a 403(b) plan and pension eligibility. Additionally, all employees receive a membership to the Burlington facility as well as many program and childcare discounts.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.