GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
The Y is currently hiring a Group Exercise Instructor to join the fitness team. This is a flexible opportunity to teach your preferred program to our members and participants. With programs from AFAA, IDEA, ACE, Yoga, Zumba or MOSSA, you’ll find the right fit for your fitness regime!
The ideal candidate will:
- Report to class at least ten minutes prior to scheduled start of class for required set-up.
- Conduct classes in accordance with prescribed style, guidelines and methods.
- Dress and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Count attendance at each class and record where appropriate.
- Make sure informed consent and medical history forms are completed by all class members prior to participation.
- Use appropriate certification guidelines when preparing class format.
- Be available after class for participant’s questions.
- Responsible for distributing YMCA participant evaluations to all class members and returning them to the Fitness Director after every session.
- Maintain all fitness certifications, CPR and First Aid during employment.
- Attend workshops, employee meetings, and/or trainings as required.
- Contact appropriate substitute instructors for your class in the event you are unable to teach.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current adult CPR, AED and advanced First Aid certifications.
- Current YMCA Group Exercise Instructor certification or by a national certifying agency.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, members, and general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Physically able to effectively speak, listen, and interact with participants during class.
- The employee is required to actively demonstrate fitness exercises appropriate for the population he/she is teaching.
Job Type: Part-time
The Y offers every employee a membership including discounts to programming, child care, and camps!
For employment consideration, please send your resume to HR@gbymca.org.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.