The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
The Y is currently hiring a Fitness Trainer to join the fitness team. This is a flexible opportunity to work with our members to develop a workout and health program to achieve their fitness and health goals. Our Fitness Trainers dedicate several hours a week to our members while working other jobs or promote the fitness program in a way that has our trainers here all week!
The ideal candidate will:
- Consult with members regarding their personal fitness goals and instruct them on how to achieve them through fitness training.
- Design personalized training programs for members or participants.
- Instruct members in the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Teach members current training principles and techniques.
- Inform members of current research pertaining to their fitness goals, health-related issues or prevention.
- Provide individual supervision and encouragement during training sessions.
- Promote the fitness area by personal example and verbal communication.
- Maintain appropriate client records and notes.
- Market, promote and sell personalized training programs to meet department goals.
- Current certification in fitness from a nationally recognized organization (ACE, NCSA, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Experience with fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to work within a diverse population of employees and members.
- CPR/First Aid certification required in first 30 days of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour
The Y offers a free membership to every employee as well as discounts for programming, child care, and camps!
For employment consideration, please send your resume to HR@gbymca.org.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.