FITNESS CENTER ATTENDANT
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
The Y is currently hiring Fitness Center Attendants to join the fitness team. This is a flexible opportunity to work with our members and participates to support a workout and health program to achieve their fitness and health goals. Our attendants promote our members’ fitness and wellness plans through support and education.
The ideal candidate will:
- Coach members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly check on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Answer questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduce new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
- Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
- Conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
- Maintain cleanliness and mechanics of equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Experience with fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to work within a diverse population of employees and members.
- CPR/First Aid certification required in first 30 days of employment.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for employment consideration!
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.