FAMILY PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
We are currently hiring Family Program Instructors to lead our youth in family gym, organized programs, structured events, and other youth-based programs. In this role, you will organize and lead events for youth, members, and participants that are inclusive, safe, and engage the Y’s core values.
- Set up appropriate equipment at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled start of the event.
- Organize and direct games, crafts, and other activities.
- Create content using provided lesson plans to conduct classes or activities in accordance with intended curriculum.
- Take attendance at each event and record in the lesson plan binder.
- Supervise members and participants during scheduled events to ensure safe behavior and effective programming.
- Provide feedback to members and participants based upon progress and skill sets of individuals participating in the activity, sport, program or class.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures; respond to emergency situations.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Reflect and display the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility toward other staff members as well as facility members and guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the Y Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Obtain and maintain CPR, AED and First Aid certifications (within 60 days of employment).
- Complete Child Abuse and Prevention training.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including Friday through Sunday mornings or afternoons.
- Success in working with children of all ages, supporting growth, managing positive relationships and behavior, while maintaining a safe environment.
- Interact with members and participants in a professional manner.
Please send a resume email@example.com for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.