DIRECTOR OF MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
We are currently hiring a Director of Member Engagement to oversee our engagement team and work closely with healthy living to ensure a positive experience for our members. This role will support open communication with members, participants and the community, as well as lead our engagement associates in promoting the Y in the community. Additionally, this role drives membership revenue and develops community partnerships to ensure needs of the community are recognized and met.
- Works closely with Healthy Living to create a high quality member experience using engagement strategies and programs which support the Y’s mission, goals and strategies.
- Provide visibility to members and participants throughout the facility to gain member perspective and ensure high quality service is provided by all staff through engagement with Directors.
- Engage with members in order to receive effective and timely feedback or perspective.
- Manage and supervise the Member Engagement team, Drop-in Child Care, and family program operations.
- Recruit, hire, train and coach employees on the Member Engagement team. Provide effective feedback through coaching and counseling, and evaluate performance through Growth, Progress and Support (GPS) conversations.
- Develop, implement and train Cause-Driven Tours in collaboration with Healthy Living.
- Ensure proper implementation of front desk procedures. Create, review and update desk procedures and communicate changes to the team. Coordinate with other departments, as necessary.
- Develop and train the member onboarding experience to ensure all Member Engagement Associates are familiar with this process.
- Generate a sales culture through promoting Y programs and membership enrollment options through interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinate program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Manage daily reports regarding monthly membership sales and retention goals and communicate to team in an effort to meet goals by driving sales.
- Create and build relationships with corporations, service groups, and community organizations to generate membership revenue, strengthen sense of community and create Y awareness.
- Oversee schedules to ensure all shifts are filled for optimal member experience, while adhering to approved budget.
- Develop, manage and maintain annual operating budget for membership; manage and implement the approved budget and take appropriate action to correct variances.
- Manage lines of communication through Engage and Open-Line to ensure timely responses to inquiries and a high level of customer service.
- Assist with the development of operating goals, objectives and work in collaboration with the Marketing team to develop a business strategy that successfully promotes Y membership growth.
- Assist in gathering information Annual Report for the organization as required by Y of the USA.
- Participates on the organization’s Safety Committee in an effort to develop practical safety procedures that coordinate with all departments.
- Demonstrate the Y core values of Caring, Respect, Honesty, and Responsibility in dealings with staff, members, families, and children.
- Participates in other staff meetings and/or related initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct customer service or relations experience.
- Ability to multi-task day-to day while ensuring all components or position are met.
- Demonstrate a high-level of professionalism through appearance, communication and actions.
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality of Y proprietary information.
- Provide clear and concise communication both orally and written.
- Ability to create internal and external relationships through effective communication.
- Provide fair conflict resolution, with the ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
- Effective time management skills to ensure all obligations of the position are met.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Y Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Send a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.