DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
The Y is excited to hire a Director of Early Childhood Programs for our downtown Burlington programs. This role will provide overall supervision, support, leadership, advocacy and operation of our early childhood programs in Burlington and Jericho. This includes preschool at our 266 location and in Jericho, as well as two infant/toddler sites in Burlington. Additionally, this position will take on the early childhood programs at the new Y facility in early 2020!
- Must be at least twenty (20) years of age and meet one of the following criteria as a Head Teacher and have an additional two (2) years of experience working with children eight (8) or younger:
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Four (4) A or B Certificate; or
- A bachelor degree with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, Special Education with a birth to eight (8) years of age focus, or Child and Family Services and at least one (1) year of experience working with children eight (8) or younger; or
- A bachelor degree with successful completion of thirty (30) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least one (1) year of experience working with children eight (8) or younger; or
- Hold a current Vermont Agency of Education teaching license with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education.
- Must have completed one of the following:
- A Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Step Two (2) Certificate or Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Credential, Step Three (3); or
- Successful completion of three (3) college credit course in curriculum and an additional nine (9) credits in program management, staff supervision, administration or human resource management.
- Must complete within one (1) year of employment:
- Three (3) college credit course in managing an early care and education program that includes budgeting and financial management, approved by the division.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both orally and written.
- Provide high quality care through support of staff and families, leadership, training, professional development, and education.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to manage confrontation to a positive outcome and learning opportunity.
- Build strong relationships with employees and the families in our community.
- Teach, train and demonstrate the Y’s Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.