DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SYSTEMS AND ANALYTICS
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
We are currently hiring a Director of Business Systems and Analytics to oversee, evaluate, monitor, and enhance the systems, processes, procedures and staff training governing the receipt, handling and accounting for our revenue. This position works collaboratively with all program directors to plan and ensure an accurate billing and collections process.
- Create and maintain effective processes to support accurate accounting and billing for program and membership revenue.
- Establish procedures to maintain the integrity of account information in Daxko including demographics, billing schedules, tuition rates, discounts, and other data needed for accurate and timely billing.
- Manage and supervise Business Systems Associates.
- Recruit, hire, train and coach employees. Provide effective feedback through coaching and counseling, and evaluate performance through Growth, Progress and Support (GPS) conversations.
- Create and send invoices for corporate billing.
- Create and send corporate invoices as appropriate with continued follow-up for payment.
- Monitor accounts receivable to ensure accounts are current; make calls, send invoices and/or collection letters to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Oversee subsidy with the State of Vermont including data collection from Program Directors, submission to the State using Bright Futures Information System (BFIS), resolution of discrepancies, and posting of payments to Daxko.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to manage scholarships for members, participants and families.
- Work with Early Childhood Program Directors and families to facilitate ELP (Act 166).
- Maintain a current knowledge of Daxko software capabilities; manage upgrades and enhancements. Communicate enhancements to users. Ensure system security and confidentiality of data. Recommend strategic opportunities in the use of Daxko. Ensure consistency of use and develop procedures for the use of the system.
- Develop and provide appropriate training for users of the system, specific to their job function. Ensure staff are competent to manage system responsibilities relating to sales and billing.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports on membership, corporate accounts, growth and retention, as requested.
- Oversee the registration process for all programs, ensure the accuracy and completeness of the program structure in Daxko and ensure prompt and accurate entry of applications.
- Demonstrate and train excellent service models to ensure staff provide a positive experience to families, members and participants of the Y.
- Work collaboratively with Healthy Living Directors and Program Directors to support member engagement. Create a member-focused culture and model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Oversee the creation and planning of the department budget; manage and implement the approved budget for the department and take appropriate action to correct variances.
- Assist in gathering information Annual Report for the organization as required by Y of the USA.
- Demonstrate the Y core values of Caring, Respect, Honesty, and Responsibility in dealings with staff, members, families, and children.
- Participate in Y committees that build culture, represent the Y mission and promote employee retention and training, such as the Safety Committee and Squad.
- Attend other staff meetings and/or related initiatives, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and three years of experience managing financial accounts, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience in customer service, preferred.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of systems orientation for implementing processes and computer applications and strong data management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial and database applications.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, patience, tact, and diplomacy to negotiate with staff, families, participants, and members over financial or billing issues.
- Ability to design and provide effective training programs for staff.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.