The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
Our Early Childhood Programs are hiring a full and part-time Classroom Assistants to work with both our preschool and infant and toddler classrooms. This role allows for growth in early childhood and understanding the dynamics of all age groups.
As a Classroom Assistant, you’ll play a valuable component to the Early Childhood Program by assisting in maintaining a neat and organized classroom, participating in the development and execution of curricular programs, establishing professional relationships with parents, and enriching and nurturing the lives of the children.
Our locations include Burlington sites on College Street and St. Paul Street, St. Albans Y Early Child Care Center and our UVMMC Early Child Care center in Winooski.
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Complete the Fundamentals of Early Childhood Professionals within the first twelve (12) months of employment; or
- Completion of a three (3) college credit course in child or human development, school age or education within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing professional development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our mission and core values.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time employees and individual membership for part-time employees, along with member program discounts, camps, events and classes.
- Paid time off (18+ hrs per week)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA (FT only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with YUSA
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.