Assistant Swim Coach
Are you excited about coaching a competitive swim team?
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
At the Y the Dynamo Swim Team is focused on creating a team where the love of swimming will drive our swimmers to their greatest goals. We are committed to building an environment that promotes responsibility by respecting the body, mind and spirit of each swimmer. Our competitive team has 120 swimmers between the ages of 5 and 18. Practices are held Monday through Thursday between 3:30 and 8:00pm and meets are 1-2 weekends per month from October through March.
We are currently seeking Assistant Swim Coaches to join the Dynamo team! The Y will provide you with the training and skills necessary to develop your talent as a swim coach, including CPR and First Aid re-certification and Lifeguarding certifications as necessary for USA Swimming certification.
- Manage high volume activities with a group of 10-20 children
- Provide a patient and efficient approach to coaching
- Communicate honestly and directly with swimmers, their families and other coaches
- Implement daily practices and practice activities with swimmers across a wide range of abilities and levels of swimming development
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have previous experience with competitive swimming
- Available to work between 3:30 and 8:00pm Monday through Thursday and some weekends
Job Type: Part-time
Pay Range: $12-$13 contingent on years of coaching experience
The Y offers a membership to the Burlington facility for regularly scheduled program staff at any of our sites. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.