ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
Y Early Childhood Programs offer developmentally appropriate activities in nurturing, respectful environments, while meeting the needs of our families. As an accredited organization by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and a 5 Stars rating from the State of Vermont Quality Rating and Improvement Scale, you’ll be a part of a team that values structure, consistency, and development of both children and staff.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Early Childhood for our University of Vermont Medical Center Early Childhood Program, located at 405 Main Street in Winooski.
This is a dual role between Assistant Director and Head Teacher of a classroom. You will be responsible for the assistance of overall supervision, support, and leadership of our early childhood program that serves the children of the University of Vermont Medical Center employees. This position provides administrative support to the Director and the Center, as well as professional growth and development of center employees.
- Must have the credentials of a Head Teacher according to Vermont Child care Licensing Regulations. This may include a bachelor degree in Early Childhood, Education, Special Education, Child or Human Development, or Child and Family Services or a bachelor degree with at least thirty (30) college credits in the field.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with children ages eight (8) or younger.
- Some employee supervision or mentorship, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both orally and written.
- Provide high quality care through support of staff and families, leadership, training, professional development, and education.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to manage confrontation to a positive outcome and learning opportunity.
- Build strong relationships with employees and the families of UVMMC.
- Teach, train and demonstrate the Y’s Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Enhance your teaching career with the Y with ongoing development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our daily mission and core values.
Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit plan including medical and dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, as well as a pension program. Perks include an immediate family membership to the Burlington facility as well as many program discounts from classes to children’s summer camps and programs.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.