Afterschool Program Staff
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
The Afterschool Program Staff (PS) position is responsible for supervision of a group of 10-13 children between the ages of five and fourteen.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading non-profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Crossett Brook Middle School- Duxbury
Essex Elementary- Essex
Fletcher Elementary- Cambridge
Founder’s Memorial- Essex
Georgia Elementary and Middle School- St. Albans
Jericho Elementary- Jericho
Thatcher Brook Primary School- Waterbury
*Please indicate preferred location in your cover letter. While we try to accommodate location requests, we are bound by staff/child ratio and will hire accordingly.
- Ability to maintain visual and auditory supervision of the group of children at all times.
- Participates actively in all aspects and activities of the program including swim and gym.
- Assist in planning, supervising, and implementation of the program. (30 minutes of planning per week)
- Responsible for the safety of all children enrolled including attendance,
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- The person selected for this position should be professionally prepared as a leader of young children, preferably in the field of education or child development, other fields include recreation, social work, program administration, psychology and sociology.
- The candidate must be sensitive and mature, and be able to relate well to both children and adults.
- This person must have the personality and ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Employees are expected to report to work at the scheduled time on a regular basis while completing work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
- Commit to the Y’s core values of Respect, Caring, Honesty and Responsibility.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our daily mission and core values.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay Range: $12-$13 contingent on years of experience with school age children.
The Y offers a membership to the Burlington facility for regularly scheduled program staff at any of our sites. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.