Afterschool Program Assistant
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Y School Age Programs provide critical growth and development outside of the classroom with a fun environment where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Our curriculum compliments the school day with extended learning opportunities that include sports, outdoor play, arts, skill building clubs, literacy and more!
Each Y School Age Program is available for children in grades K-6 and our full-week options and hours are designed to meet the child care needs of working families.
As an Afterschool Program Assistant, you’ll be a leader to young children by implementing programs in accordance with the policies and philosophy YMCA School Age Programs, assisting the Site Director with overall management of the programs, and develop and facilitate activities and interests that fit the needs and desires of the children.
Our Afterschool Sites:
Barre Town Elementary, BFA Fairfax, Browns River, Crosset Brook, Essex Elementary, Ferrisburgh Elementary, Underhill ID, St. Albans, Georgia Elementary, Founders, Fletcher, Underhill Central School, Waterbury, and Burlington.
*Please indicate preferred location in your cover letter. While we try to accommodate location requests, we are bound by staff/child ratio and will hire accordingly.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- The person selected for this position should be professionally prepared as a leader of young children, preferably in the field of education or child development, other fields include recreation, social work, program administration, psychology and sociology.
- The candidate must be sensitive and mature, and be able to relate well to both children and adults.
- This person must have the personality and ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Employees are expected to report to work at the scheduled time on a regular basis while completing work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Commit to the Y’s core values of Respect, Caring, Honesty and Responsibility.
Start your teaching career at the Y with ongoing development and training and available educational resources to assist in the contribution to our daily mission and core values.
The Y offers a membership to the Burlington facility for regularly scheduled program staff at any of our sites. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.