ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, BUSINESS SYSTEMS
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
As our Y expands with the opening of our brand new facility, we are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join the Business Systems and Analytics team! In this unique role, you will support the administrative function of the organization, as well as the Business Systems team in answering phones, processing payments, billing, collections and program enrollment.
This full-time position is Monday through Friday and works at our office located at 126 College Street.
- Answer incoming calls related to program enrollment, billing and collections, schedules, and membership accounts.
- Process over-the-phone transactions related to payments for Y programs.
- Assist with billing and collections for all Y programs.
- Assist with sending collection notices for overdue member and participant accounts.
- Manage the mail process for the organization including purchasing of stamps and other related materials.
- Assist with Y specialty program registrations.
- Update credit card accounts using organizational database.
- Manage all supply orders for the organization by working closely with department heads to ensure approved vendors are used.
- Order business cards, name tags and other general office supplies, as needed.
- Maintain vendor relationships and evaluate contracts to ensure the best value.
- Manage the Business Systems voicemail and inbox to ensure timely response.
- Assist with scheduling calendars for department heads and conference rooms, as needed.
- Update Y staff directory, as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in customer service, reception, administrative services, collections, billing or accounts receivable, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in database management, maintaining records and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy and a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and effective communication.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Maintain a professional attitude when working with state programs, members, participants and colleagues.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.