The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
We are currently hiring a full-time Accounting Specialist to join the Finance team! In this role, you will manage daily cash reconciliation, deposits, general ledger entries and accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation for and during year-end audit.
- Assist in completing annual budgeting process.
- Analyze various accounts as needed.
- Control and prepare standard monthly journal entries for booking into general ledger.
- Analyze a range of general ledger balance sheet accounts and complete monthly controls.
- Produce various reports as needed, including system data exported to Excel for analysis.
- Produce month-end balance sheets and income statements in a multi-fund environment.
- Assist in producing monthly financial statement package used by Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee reconciliation of daily cash-ups and summarize; follow up with Business Operations department to resolve discrepancies, post to the general ledger daily.
- Open mail and record receipts daily.
- Process all incoming checks, including payments for childcare, membership, corporate billing, rental groups, and donations, etc. to ensure receipts are posted and deposited daily.
- Enter relevant payer information into Daxko Operations and Accounting, as appropriate.
- Prepare deposit slips and delivery to the bank.
- Reconcile posting of membership and childcare drafts to cash receipts.
- Reconcile credit card reports to periodic statements from the bank and follow up on discrepancies.
- Cash Disbursements and Accounts Payable
- Open mail and review all vendor statements and invoices for processing.
- Oversee coding of approved vendor invoices, also backup and review AP data entry by other finance staff.
- Oversee maintenance of paid and unpaid invoice files.
- Issue computer-generated payments for weekly AP check run.
- Maintain accounts subsidiary and reconcile monthly to the general ledger.
- Maintain petty cash box, including disbursing and replenishing funds.
- Maintain cash denominations to make change for member services and office.
- Summarize monthly petty cash disbursements and add backs, prepare journal entry and post to general ledger.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for various accounts and funds.
- Post bank transfers, standard entries, and closing entries to the general ledger.
- Post salary, wage and benefit costs to the GL monthly.
The ideal candidate will have an Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field with at least two (2) years of experience in the industry. Experience in non-profit organizations, a plus!
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.