The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
We are currently hiring a full-time Accounting Specialist to join the Finance team! In this role, you will manage daily cash reconciliation, deposits, general ledger entries and accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation for and during year-end audit.
- Assist in completing annual budgeting process.
- Analyze various accounts as needed.
- Control and prepare standard monthly journal entries for booking into general ledger.
- Analyze a range of general ledger balance sheet accounts and complete monthly controls.
- Produce various reports as needed, including system data exported to Excel for analysis.
- Produce month-end balance sheets and income statements in a multi-fund environment.
- Assist in producing monthly financial statement package used by Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee reconciliation of daily cash-ups and summarize; follow up with Business Operations department to resolve discrepancies, post to the general ledger daily.
- Open mail and record receipts daily.
- Process all incoming checks, including payments for childcare, membership, corporate billing, rental groups, and donations, etc. to ensure receipts are posted and deposited daily.
- Enter relevant payer information into Daxko Operations and Accounting, as appropriate.
- Prepare deposit slips and delivery to the bank.
- Reconcile posting of membership and childcare drafts to cash receipts.
- Reconcile credit card reports to periodic statements from the bank and follow up on discrepancies.
- Cash Disbursements and Accounts Payable
- Open mail and review all vendor statements and invoices for processing.
- Oversee coding of approved vendor invoices, also backup and review AP data entry by other finance staff.
- Oversee maintenance of paid and unpaid invoice files.
- Issue computer-generated payments for weekly AP check run.
- Maintain accounts subsidiary and reconcile monthly to the general ledger.
- Maintain petty cash box, including disbursing and replenishing funds.
- Maintain cash denominations to make change for member services and office.
- Summarize monthly petty cash disbursements and add backs, prepare journal entry and post to general ledger.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for various accounts and funds.
- Post bank transfers, standard entries, and closing entries to the general ledger.
- Post salary, wage and benefit costs to the GL monthly.
- Provide back-up to payroll processing and human resources support.
- Provide support to benefit programs.
- Assist Business Office and Finance staff on special projects or as needed.
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum an Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field with at least two years of experience in the industry.
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.