AFTERSCHOOL SITE DIRECTOR
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement!
Y School Age Programs provide critical growth and development outside of the classroom with a fun environment where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Our curriculum compliments the school day with extended learning opportunities that include sports, outdoor play, arts, skill building clubs, literacy and more!
Our Before and Afterschool Programs provide a unique curriculum for school age children grades K-5. Our School Age Programs provide part and full-week options and hours designed to meet the before and after school needs of working families.
We are currently searching for two full-time Site Directors for our 2019-2020 school year to work before and after school at our Essex schools and Underhill ID School in Underhill, VT.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Y Program staff in being a leader to school age children by implementing programs in accordance with the policies and philosophy YMCA School Age Programs. You will manage before and after school programs, develop curriculum and activities around the interests and desires of the children, create positive relationships with the children and families, the school and other Y partners, and provide strong leadership, direction and supervision to the Y program staff.
- Applicants must possess a BA, BS or Associates Degree
- At least ten (10) months experience in leading a school age group of children.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Provide excellent problem solving skills and conflict resolution.
- Be dependable and reliable.
- Build relationships with young people with the ability to connect and lead by example.
- Foster working relationships between the school administration and the Y program.
- Connect with families, while building and maintaining relationships, engaging in the children’s well-being and productivity.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.