AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y Movement Today in Serving our Youth Communities!
Y School Age Programs provide critical growth and development outside of the classroom with a fun environment where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Our curriculum compliments the school day with extended learning opportunities that include sports, outdoor play, arts, skill building clubs, literacy and more!
Each Y School Age Program is available for children in grades K-8 with full-week options and hours, designed to meet the child care needs of working families.
We are seeking youth professionals for the 2019/2020 school year! Our enthusiastic Afterschool Program Staff will work with our partnered schools in a part-time role, Monday through Friday during afterschool hours between 2 pm and 6 pm.
We currently have openings in the following schools:
- Founders Middle School (Essex)
- Underhill ID
- Jericho Elementary School
- Crossett Brook Middle School (Duxbury)
- Thatcher Brook Elementary School (Waterbury)
- Georgia Elementary School
- Fletcher Elementary School
- Fairfax Elementary School
- Barre Town Elementary School
In this role, you’ll be a leader to a young people by implementing programs in accordance with the policies and philosophy YMCA School Age Programs, assisting the Site Director with overall management of the programs, and develop and facilitate activities and interests that fit the needs and desires of the children.
The Y offers flexible opportunities to candidates who may be able to work 2-3 days per week and those who are available daily afterschool. Whether you are in the midst of your your youth development educational career, re-entering the workforce, or just have a passion working with children and teens, joining the Y movement will allow for national participation in enriching the lives of our youth population.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, leadership, effective communication skills and professionalism.
- Reliable transportation.
- Be a leader to young people by setting the example.
- Comfort in leading activities.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR@gbymca.org for employment consideration
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.