Aquatic Center Reservations
Reserve a Time in the Aquatic Center
We are incredibly excited to welcome members back to our Aquatic Center! As you know, Vermont is reopening businesses at a modest pace and with restrictions to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Before you register to use the Aquatic Center using the button below, please review several important details regarding our current protocols. (For a complete listing, click here.)
What You Need to Know
- Members must pre-register to use the Aquatic Center. The opportunity to reserve a spot on a given day will open two days prior at 6:00 a.m. For example, all spots for a Thursday will open at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
2 people per lane is permitted.
- One person will register for the lap lane, but 2 people can swim in that lane. This will allow family members, close friends, and swimming partners to share lanes once again. We will not be pairing strangers to swim together.
- Please continue to be respectful and limit conversation when physical distancing cannot be accomplished.
- As always, our lifeguards will wear masks and are available to help as needed.
- At this time, reservations are being taken for:
- 4 lanes in our lap pool
- 2 lanes in our program pool (warmer water, shorter lanes)
- 1 lane in the program pool for walking or general aquatic exercise.
- Special Note: A reservation will be held up to 10 minutes after the designated start time. To accommodate another interested member, the lane may be given away after 10 minutes has passed.
- Stalls for changing only (no showers) are available in the Universal Locker Room.
- While the men’s and women’s locker rooms are closed, a limited number of lockers in the facility will be available.
- Lap swimmers may bring a small bag and towel onto the pool deck.
- Limited equipment will be made available. If you have your own kick board, pull buoy, etc., please bring them with you.
- Your visit to our facility will be limited to the reserved time slot of 45 minutes.
- Lap swimmers must shower on the pool deck before swimming.
- All swimmers must be Y members and must check in at the front desk upon arrival and check out when leaving.
- The sauna and splash pad remain closed.
- No “open” swim time is currently being offered.
- No aquatic group classes at this time.
Family Swim Time:
As of September 8th, families will be able to reserve time in our program pool! Five hours will be set aside each day for families to, once again, experience the joy and fun of our warm program pool. This will be by reservation only, with a maximum of two families per one-hour time slot. To learn more and reserve a time, click here.
General Facility Information:
- Enter via the College St. entrance and exit from the north end of the lobby.
- Members and staff will have their temperature checked and answer a few questions before entering the facility as part of a health screening.
- Members must bring and wear their own masks. Masks are required to enter facility, during health screening, at check-in, and in all common areas. Masks are not required while in the pool.
- Members must maintain a minimum 6 foot distance from each other.
- New, strict building capacity limits are in effect. To help monitor capacity, members must scan in and scan out at the front desk.
- Water fountains are temporarily closed, but bottle-filling stations are open.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will be for members only.
- Drop-In Child Care is closed.
There are a lot of new, temporary guidelines here, and we will help you get through this! Please know that you will continue to enjoy the welcoming environment that we always strive to provide, and we stand ready to support you in reaching your health and wellness goals.
We appreciate you reading through this information. Now, let’s get you registered for a lane in our Aquatic Center for lap swimming!
Important to know before you register:
When can I register? The opportunity to reserve a spot opens two days prior at 6:00 a.m. For example, all spots for a Thursday open at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
To register by phone: If at all possible, please use our on-line registration system (click the button above). If you need assistance, call our Member Engagement Team at 862-9622, ext. 1.
Cancelling a lane reservation: As cancelling may cause a lane to remain empty, please set a time you are certain will work with your schedule. If you must cancel, please contact Jess Lukas at email@example.com.
While we always intend for the information we provide to be informative and helpful, we recognize that some members may have questions about COVID-19 that are best addressed by health professionals. How can you can protect yourself (including how “close contact” is defined)? How does it spread? What are the symptoms? And more. To help you find answers, read what the Vermont Department of Health has provided in their COVID-19 FAQs by clicking here.
Jess Lukas and the entire Y Team