Aquatic Center Reservations
Reserve a Time in the Aquatic Center
We are incredibly excited to welcome members back to our Aquatic Center! As you know, Vermont is reopening businesses at a modest pace and with restrictions to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Before you register to use the Aquatic Center using the button below, we want to share some of the most important details of our Phase 1 protocols. (For a complete listing, click here.)
Phase 1 Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7 am – 1 pm and 3 pm – 8 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 4 pm
Phase 1 Protocols
- Members must pre-register to use the Aquatic Center. The opportunity to reserve a spot on a given day will open two days prior at 7:00 a.m. For example, all spots for a Thursday will open at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
- During Phase 1, reservations will be taken for:
- 4 lanes in our lap pool
- 2 lanes in our program pool (warmer water, shorter lanes)
- 1 lane in the program pool for walking or general aquatic exercise.
- No lockers or locker rooms will be available for use. Arrive ready to swim.
- Lap swimmers may bring a small bag and towel onto the pool deck.
- Pool equipment is not available. If you would like to use a kick board, pull buoy, etc., please bring your own.
- Your visit to our facility will be limited to the reserved time slot of 45 minutes.
- Lap swimmers must shower on the pool deck before swimming.
- The sauna and splash pad remain closed.
- No family or open swim.
- No aquatic group classes at this time.
- Enter via the College St. entrance and exit from the north end of the lobby.
- Members and staff will have their temperature checked and answer a few questions before entering the facility as part of a health screening.
- Members must bring and wear their own masks. Masks are required to enter facility, during health screening, at check-in, and in all common areas. Masks are not required while in the pool.
- Members must maintain a minimum 6 foot distance from each other.
- New, strict building capacity limits are in effect. To help monitor capacity, members must scan in and scan out at the front desk.
- Water fountains are temporarily closed, but bottle-filling stations are open.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will be for members only.
- Drop-In Child Care is closed.
There are a lot of new, temporary guidelines here, and we will help you get through this! Please know that you will continue to enjoy the welcoming environment that we always strive to provide, and we stand ready to support you in reaching your health and wellness goals.
We appreciate you reading through this information. Now, let’s get you registered for a spot in our Aquatic Center!
Important to know before you register:
When can I register? The opportunity to reserve a spot opens two days prior at 7:00 a.m. For example, all spots for a Thursday open at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
To register by phone: If at all possible, please use our on-line registration system (click the button above). If you need assistance, call our Member Engagement Team at 862-9622, ext. 1.
Cancelling a lane reservation: As cancelling may cause a lane to remain empty, please set a time you are certain will work with your schedule. If you must cancel, please contact Jess directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we always intend for the information we provide to be informative and helpful, we recognize that some members may have questions about COVID-19 that are best addressed by health professionals. How can you can protect yourself (including how “close contact” is defined)? How does it spread? What are the symptoms? And more. To help you find answers, read what the Vermont Department of Health has provided in their COVID-19 FAQs by clicking here.
Jess Lukas and the entire Y Team