Wellness Center Attendant
WELLNESS CENTER ATTENDANT
Join the Y Movement!
This is a flexible opportunity interacts with members and participates to support a workout and health program to achieve their fitness and health goals. Our attendants promote our members’ fitness and wellness plans through support and education. Additionally, our Wellness Center Attendants provide an extra level of supervision to the Wellness Center to provide assistance and safe practices of equipment.
- Coach members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly check on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Answer questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduce new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
- Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
- Conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
- Maintain cleanliness and mechanics of equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent, preferred.
- Experience with fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to work within a diverse population of employees and members.
- Provide effective and clear communication, while delivering exceptional service.
- Ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- CPR/First Aid certification required in first 30 days of employment.
Click here to submit your resume.