Join the Y Movement Today!
Y Personal Trainers provide an opportunity to work with members to develop and implement a health program to achieve fitness and health goals. Personal Trainers may dedicate several hours a week serving members providing optimal flexibility.
- Consult with members regarding their personal fitness goals and instruct them on how to achieve them through fitness training.
- Design personalized training programs for members or participants.
- Instruct members in the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Teach members current training principles and techniques.
- Inform members of current research pertaining to their fitness goals, health-related issues or prevention.
- Provide individual supervision and encouragement during training sessions.
- Promote the fitness area by personal example and verbal communication.
- Maintain appropriate client records and notes.
- Market, promote and sell personalized training programs to meet department goals.
- Current certification in fitness from a nationally recognized organization (ACE, NCSA, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Experience with fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance.
- Ability to work within a diverse population of employees and members.
- CPR/First Aid certification required in first 30 days of employment.
Click here to submit your resume.