Member Engagement Associate
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Join the Y Movement!
Our Member Engagement team works closely with our members in servicing memberships, building relationships and creating an inviting and safe atmosphere. Our Member Engagement Associates are friendly, outgoing and provide exceptional service to ensure every person who comes to the Y community feels welcomed and safe.
In this role, you will greet members, program participants, visitors and partners, check members into the facility, sell new memberships, manage existing memberships, and be familiar with onsite programs and classes in order to answer questions, address questions, comments or concerns as well as some administrative duties.
- Greet and assist all members, potential members, community partners, and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their Y experience by introducing new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
- Answer the phone, provide requested information, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Check-in all persons for membership, program, or ID cards upon entering the facility.
- Provide membership interviews and facility tours as needed, explaining the YMCA mission and programs.
- Respond to member needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Handle complaints in a courteous manner. Effectively negotiate and resolve customer service problems. Use appropriate forms to communicate concerns or praise.
- Accurately register participants for classes, sign up new members and process payments.
- Accept and process membership payments and back balances.
- Maintain cleanliness of men’s and women’s locker room and fitness areas.
- Conduct walk-through of facility to ensure member safety and limit changes of incidents.
- Complete accident reports (required) for all injuries and incidents.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance. Adhere to the standard uniform and dress code.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled by supervisor. Assist in training new personnel where appropriate.
- Report to supervisor and/or director of any unusual incidents. Take responsibility for follow through of communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide excellent service to Y members, program participants, community and staff.
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and effectively to ensure a timely resolution.
- A comfort in conflict resolution in-person.
- Must be reliable, dependable and flexible.
- Familiarity with database management.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Demonstrate Y Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
Click here to submit your resume.