Group Fitness Instructor
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Join the Y Movement!
Our dynamic group of Fitness Instructors bring a diverse talent to the Y! Our instructors demonstrate a passion for yoga, Zumba, spinning, strength training, cardio training, barre, and simply leading a diverse group of people in achieving their fitness goals. This role executes group exercise classes to members and participants based upon interests, certification and enrollment.
Group exercise classes vary month-to-month and bring unique opportunities to up to twenty-five participants in a class. With both in-person and virtual classes, the Y always seeks new talent to teach our members.
- Report to class at least ten minutes prior to scheduled start of class for required set-up.
- Conduct classes in accordance with prescribed style, guidelines and methods.
- Dress and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Count attendance at each class and record where appropriate.
- Make sure informed consent and medical history forms are completed by all class members prior to participation.
- Use appropriate certification guidelines when preparing class format.
- Be available after class for participant’s questions.
- Responsible for distributing YMCA participant evaluations to all class members and returning them to the Fitness Director after every session.
- Maintain all fitness certifications, CPR and First Aid during employment.
- Attend workshops, employee meetings, and/or trainings as required.
- Contact appropriate substitute instructors for your class in the event you are unable to teach.
- Reflect and display the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility toward other staff members as well as facility members and guests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current adult CPR, AED and advanced First Aid certifications.
- Current YMCA Group Exercise Instructor certification or by a national certifying agency, required.
- Ability to interact with staff, members, and general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Physically able to effectively speak, listen, and interact with participants during class.
- Demonstrate fitness exercises appropriate for the group level(s).
Click here to submit your resume.